Thursday, 19 January 2012

Food blog!

So I was perusing Facebook the other day (not at work obviously - I would never waste your tax dollars) and some guy on my list put a link to his girlfriend's blog. It said something like he was "impressed" with her, so being a fellow blogger, I decided to check it out.

Turns out this girl is not only a food blogger, she is like a chic Martha Stewart in the making who also appears to be fabulous at making web pages. Isn't she special.

So the topic of her page was basically about how she loves food. Except she's one of those irritating people who are like, I love staying fit and finding healthy alternatives to my favourite foods! And they're always coming up with clever recipes, and making the rest of us feel inferior.

Anyway, so I thought, ok I'll give this a chance and read on and see if she has any good recipes. I also started thinking, hey I love food, maybe I should start a food blog! Then I could talk about food ALL THE TIME! Amazing.

The first recipe was.....pancakes! I thought, ok this looks good. I read further until I saw one of the ingredients.....apple sauce in my pancakes? Ummm no. And blueberry syrup? I use Aunt Jemima thanks.

Next recipe. Black bean burritos. Enough said. Next recipe.

Oh here we have a dessert! I like dessert. The title said something like chocolate chip cookie dough dip!!! The girl was like, I usually eat a ton of cookie dough when I'm baking cookies! And I thought, oh ok maybe this girl IS more like me than I thought! Here's how delicious it looked in her picture:



I excitedly read on.....

Until.....I read the words....

CHICK PEAS.

WHY WHY WHY would you do this to something as yummy as chocolate chip cookie dough??? It's not the SAME and stop trying to pretend that it is! I was devastated and closed the website.

After reading her blog, I have realized I am not your everyday food lover. I think many food lovers are really adventurous. They love vegetables and say things like "I cooked some AMAZING asparagus yesterday, it was delicious" which really is just baffling to me.

When I find a meal at a restaurant that I like, I get it every time. Swiss Chalet - quarter chicken dinner with white meat and fries and gravy. No I most certainly would not like a multi-grain roll - white all the way! Sometimes I spice up my life by getting mashed potatoes instead of fries. Oh and don't even think about forgetting my hot fudge sundae.

Gingergrass - "L3" - lunch combo number three. Yellow curry chicken with rice. It has been suggested to me that there is a version of this meal that comes with vegetables. Why would I ruin an amazing meal with the flavour of broccoli and carrots?

Those are just two examples of many. I'm slightly more adventurous at home I suppose. If it's salmon or chicken, I literally will eat it in almost any form. But I'm not that good at creating new versions, so I usually stick with the same form of them. Scott is more of a "chef" and throws in random spices, while I perch over his shoulder and provide helpful comments like "But how do you KNOW those will taste good together?".

So I'm going to make my OWN version of a food blog. Well actually I'm just going to do some posts on food. I like taking pictures of food, which some (Fran) have pointed out as potentially being weird. I thought it was totally normal to take pictures of food! Why WOULDN'T you want to see the fabulous meal I just ate/made?

Anyway, stay tuned for my first post about food!!!!

Now I'm hungry.

1 Comments:

At 1 February 2012 at 16:23 , Anonymous Shannon said...

Lol em!!! Love the blog, post more picks!!! I think I am going to start a food blog..... but it will probably be annoying to you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home