Smythe
Ok so if you've never heard of these, or tried one on, or seen them on someone, you are missing out.
I had heard of this brand before and didn't really pay much attention to it before as I knew it was pretty expensive and is only sold at Foreign Affair.
Smythe makes THE most fabulous blazers and jackets you've ever seen in your life. They mostly do blazers. Back in the day (like maybe a few years ago), they seemed to more do "linen" type blazers, which I intensely dislike. But the stuff they've done this past year are these amazing structured blazers (thick-ish) that are longer in the back, with cute things like leather elbow patches.
Trouble is, they are REALLY hard to find. Well the best styles are anyway. Foreign Affair is the only place that sells them here, and it's really hard to find the fabulous ones left online. Let's put it this way, I contemplated getting one shipped from Australia because it was the ONLY website in the entire world where I could find the one I liked in my size. Don't worry, I didn't do it, but someday one will be mine.
Here are a few of my faves.....
Another interesting fact. If anyone watches Sarah Richardson on Design Inc or Sarah's House on HGTV, she wears these blazers ALL the time and looks fabulous in them. Tommy, her sidekick, is the sister of one of the women who started Smythe (Tommy's last name is Smythe!). Also, Sarah has randomly been BFF with one of the girls of that duo as well for her whole life. Muuuuuuust be nice!
And finally, some sad news about their upcoming Spring 2012 collection. They are moving away from the classic neutral coloured blazers with their typical fit and going towards a more colourful palette with lighter materials and odd designs (like ones where they fit weird and slouchy and they're like, it's fashionable! OBVIOUSLY). But, according to the chick at Foreign Affair (who I really find it hard to believe is their "fashion buyer"), they'll be doing more of the same fab jackets I love in their Fall 2012 collection.
The end!





1 Comments:
Want the grey one with my entire existence... damn you college education for getting in the way of my buying fabulous things.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home