Thursday, 8 December 2011

Design Inc/Sarah's House

Hello y'all!


Sorry for the delay in my posts! It shall not happen again my friends.


So I mentioned in one of my other posts that I love the designer Sarah Richardson. She had the show Design Inc and then the show Sarah's House. Design Inc was about her and her team designing individual rooms, and there were four seasons of Sarah's House where she re-does an entire house.


The second season I think was my favorite. She bought this house not too far outside of Toronto. I think what made it appealing to me was that it reminded me a bit of my house! Here is the before and after:






So the biggest things she did on the outside were "staining" (i.e. looked like painting to me) the brick, and getting new windows where the frames of the windows were a natural wood rather than the typical white windows. Clever Sarah, clever.


Another amazing thing she did was in the living room. The living room had your typical fireplace with an icky beige-ish brick colour. She covered over the brick - the room looks 8,000% times fresher. Check it out!





I love this before and after because there are SO many houses that I have seen that look like this and it's so satisfying to see this change. I'm not how anyone who isn't rich could accomplish it but it's still fun to watch.

Finally, here is the difference between the old entry way and the new one. The glass thing is in place of those yucky shelves in the before version. How fab is this??






A few other random pics from Design Inc episodes I love. The first is a wicked laundry room.





The design of the next one isn't what attracted to me but more so the bright painting. Sarah does a lot of whites and creams with her designs, and then usually finds awesome artwork that pops. This is an example of that and I LOVE this look. I am always on the hunt for clever artwork (although I own basically none) and I love multicoloured stuff.

 


 That's it for me peeps! I'm rather obsessed with the show Sarah's House lately so stay tuned for more. She just finished her 4th season of it. She built a new home in a suburb and showed how to make the most of builder upgrades and how to make your cookie cutter home not so cookie cutter :)


The end!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home