Friday, 25 November 2011

Current coveted items

I know you're all excited - it's my first shopping related post!!!!! If you don't like shopping or brand names in general, you might not want to read any further.

Just thought I would inform you all of one of my current most coveted items. I often covet items. Me coveting an item doesn't *necessarily* mean I'll end up getting it. I think it's more just the fun of trying to hunt them down when they're hard to find, and then when I finally find them, I may or may not get them. There haven't been many things that I have REALLY wanted that I've not been able to find.

Anyway here we go!

It's a fabulous purple purse. I was watching one of the last episodes of Entourage and saw one of the cleverly fashionable characters carrying this wicked purple slouchy purse. I LOVE slouchy purses. Some people like shoes, I like purses. Oh and jackets (more on that later).

So anyway, I thought vaguely about that purse for a while and then decided to try find out who made it. After some internet searching, I found out it was made by this somewhat new designer in LA called Donatienne. Turns out I was actually on the street in downtown LA where her store is and I didn't even know it! Poor showing on my part. Her purses are just starting to get popular with the celebs. To most of you, you'd probs think it's ridiculously expensive (if I were to tell you the price that is....but I'm not going to....because you'll judge me if I end up getting it). But in terms of "designer" purses, it's actually decently priced.

This is a scene from Entourage where I originally saw it (it's kinda blurry):


Here's a pic of it from the designer's website.



Some of you may be thinking to yourself, I saw a bag the other day similar to this one that is probably WAY cheaper! My answer - that's nice. I only buy certain brands of purses. It's not necessarily a snob thing, because I buy Roots purses mostly. Also, contrary to popular belief, I don't actually buy that many purses. I find one I adore every year or two and buy it, and that's how I justify spending a bit more one them. I carried my brown Roots one for almost two years but recently replaced it with a new delightful Roots one. Actually here's a pic of it if you're wondering (I got it in a grey-ish colour called Pebble - it's amazing and I highly recommnend it. But not if you like lots of compartments and hate constantly "losing" things in your purse because it's basically one giant sack! Perfect for me though):




By the way, a tip about buying from Roots. Don't EVER pay full price. They have 25% off the entire store all the time online - I got 25% off mine :D The shipping is free (if you spend enough) and fast too.

So the purple purse is currently sold out but should be back in stock soon. I joined Twitter recently and am "following" the designer to see if she says when they'll have more in. I wonder if there's such a thing as "fashion detective" or "private fashion eye" as a career option? I'd be a super star.

2 Comments:

At 25 November 2011 at 07:22 , Blogger ShannonM said...

"That's nice"..... hahaha Im going to read your blog forever, and hereby submit my application as guest blogger... smooch!

 
At 26 November 2011 at 17:19 , Blogger Janet said...

In complete contrast, look at http://www.michique.ca/
What do you think of these shiny things?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home