Sunday, 27 November 2011

Little did she know

Little did Vivian the Volvo know what she was in for when Emily Foster strutted onto the used car lot of Volvo Halifax in April 2011.

Vivian (as Scott as named her ) came with some snazzy 16" alloy rims when I bought her. It took me a while to figure out the whole "rims" thing. I don't think I really knew there were "rims" and then tires that were separate. Anyway I've got it all straightened out now. Especially since now I'm the one that buys them all.

So anyway,  winter time rolls around and I'm sure Vivian is thinking, Emily will obviously either buy me a second set of fabulous alloy rims or she'll just put winter tires on my current rims. It doesn't matter that keeping alloys in the winter is foolish. After all, I AM a Volvo. She probably also thought, well if worse comes to worse, she'll get me steel rims and buy some nice wheel covers.

Instead, this is what Vivian got.


To make matters worse, there was the issue of winter mats. I had fabulous plans all along to buy Volvo brand winter mats. Unfortunately, when I was told my rims would be ONE HUNDRED FREAKING DOLLARS EACH WHICH EQUALS $1250 FOR ALL OF MY WINTER TIRE NEEDS, I started feeling less snobby about my winter mats. 

Lloyd Foster, the ultimate resource for pretty much anything imaginable, informed me he was having a "sale" on his used floor mats. So I busted on over to Towerview Drive to check out his selection. Lloyd informed me that not only were these mats on sale, but they were FREE! I had stars in my eyes. 

Problem is, the floor mats didn't *exactly* fit my beloved Volvo. So, naturally, what a normal person do? Cut the floor mats :D 





Poor Vivian has black steel rims, with no wheel covers, and chopped up floor mats. Oh I also drilled holes in her frame to put on a trailer hitch. Love you Vivvy! 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home